tisdag 18 augusti 2020

Top Ten Tuesday

TTT August 18: Books that Should be Adapted into Netflix Shows/Movies

Where the Crawdads sing by Delia Owens. North Carolina

Pachinko by Min Jin Lee

The Beekeeper of Aleppo by Christy Lefteri. About an escape from Syria to England

Soviet Milk by Nora Ikstena. A novel about three generations of women and a bit of Latvian history

Orchard of lost Souls by Nadifa Mohamed

The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller

Convenience Store Woman by Sayaka Murata. About Keiko who never fitted in anywhere until she becomes a very concientious convenience store woman

Olive again by Elizabeth Strout. I just loved Frances McDormand in the 2014 HBO adaptation of Olive Kitteridge.

Latitudes of Longing by Shubhangi Swarup. About different people living in India. And about man´s relation to nature. 

The Blizzard by Vladimir Sorokin. A adventurous roadmovie in snow and storm. 

11 kommentarer:

  1. det blev en lång resa, tack för tips.

    SvaraRadera
  2. I'd sure like to watch Soviet Milk! Sounds interesting.

    My TTT .

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. an interesting story about three generations of women

      Radera
  3. Convenience Store Woman would be excellent on screen!

    SvaraRadera
  4. I also have Where the Crawdads Sing on my TTT and I'm sure they'll make a movie of it soon.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I think so, too. It´s a fascinating landscape

      Radera
    2. Actually, I just checked. They are already in pre-production. No details as such but we were both right, it's going to be a movie.

      Radera
    3. it´s too good a story not to be filmed.

      Radera
  5. I still need to read The Song of Achilles, but I would love an adaptation!

    SvaraRadera