tisdag 11 augusti 2020

Top Ten Tuesday August 11

August 11: Books I Loved but Never Reviewed

The Sun is My Undoing by Marguerite Steen. This was a birthday present for my 15th birthday and I loved it

Gone with the Wind by Margarete Mitchell. I loved the book and have seen the film several times

Wind on the Moon by Eric Linklater. I loved Dina´s and Dorinda´s adventures on the Moo

Garnethill by Denise Mina. Maureen O´Donnell has led a life full of troubles and abuse. She also has spent some time in a psyciatric clinic. And now her married boyfriend is found in her apartment, dead and tied to a stool.

Portrait of a Marriage by Nigel Nicholson. NN writes of his parents, Harold Nicholson and Vita Sackville - West, marriage. It´s a book of love, friendship and loyalty

My life with Dylan Thomas by Caitlin Thomas. The Welsh poet was a heavy drinker and their marriage was stormy and they were constantly out of money.

The yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Gilman Perkins. A woman has had a temporary nervous breakdow and is now forbidden to work. She is supposed to eat well and have lots of fresh air.

The Sandcastle by Iris Murdoch. Bill Mor is a middle-aged History and Latin teacher at a public school. He is married to Nan and has two children, Donald and Felicity. Mor has political ambitions to stand as a candidate for the Labour party, although his wife is firmly opposed to any such ambitions. 

Martha Quest by Doris Lessing takes Place in Zimbabwe in the 20tieth. MQ longs for leaving and marries  a young colonial clerk. MQ is the first novel in the Children of Violence cosisting of five books.

Oblomov by Ivan Gontjarov. Oblomov is a hero in nigthcap in total lack of ability to take action.He likes to lead a comfortable life and sleep much.

17 kommentarer:

  1. The Yellow Wallpaper - I am literally writing a lesson plan for that right now - it is fantastic! This is my TTT

    SvaraRadera
  2. läst några, några finns i bokhyllan

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. jag läste, tyckte mycket om men har inte läst om och inte skrivit om

      Radera
  3. The Yellow Wallpaper was an amazing story. I hope it is made into a film someday!

    My TTT .

    SvaraRadera
  4. Oblomov sounds very interesting.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Oblomov is very interesting. an unforgettable acquaintance

      Radera
  5. This was a fun post! Here is my post-https://paigesofbook.blogspot.com/2020/08/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-loved-but-never.html

    SvaraRadera
  6. Interesting list. I'll have to add some of the books on my TBR, like The yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Gilman Perkins. Here is my Top Ten Tuesday list this week.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I want to re - read The yellow Wallpaper myself. I´m glad you liked my list

      Radera
  7. What a great list, Garnethill sounds like an interesting read.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Denise Mina is a very interesting author and I liked Garnethill a lot

      Radera
  8. I haven't heard of many of these, so it was fun to read your post.

    SvaraRadera
  9. Den här kommentaren har tagits bort av skribenten.

    SvaraRadera
  10. You always recommend very interesting books. I find quite a few great books among yours that I have never heard of. Probably for the same reason, a lot of my readers mention the same for my lists, we live in different countries. Thanks for your list.

    My TTT.

    SvaraRadera