June 9: Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015
1. Thinking like a Plant - Craig Holdrege translation to Swedish
I have always wondered...
2. Purity - Jonathan Franzen
"his edgiest and most searching book yet." From Work in progress
3. Slade House - David Mitchell. The Author says he was "ambushed’ by story which began as a collection of tweets last year, and quickly acquired a life of its own". The Guardian
4. The marriage of Opposites. Alice Hoffman tells the story about Rachel, the mother of the impressionist painter Camille Pissaro
5. The Book of Memory - Petina Gappah. Memory has been convicted of murder. As part of her appeal her lawyer insists that she write down what happened as she remembers it.
6. The Heart goes last - Margaret Atwood. A sinister, wickedly funny novel about a near-future in which the lawful are locked up and the lawless roam free,
7. A God in Ruins - Kate Atkinson. Atkinson turns her focus on Ursula's beloved younger brother Teddy - would-be poet, RAF bomber pilot, husband and father
8. Confession of the Lioness - Mia Couto. A dark, poetic mystery about the women of the remote village of Kulumani and the lionesses that hunt them
9. Death by Water - Kenzaburo Oe investigates the mysterious death of his
10. The Sun Gods - Jay Rubin. Japanese-born Mitsuko falls for Tom becomes surrogate mother to his fair-haired American toddler, Bill. But the bombing of Pearl Harbor strains the newly formed family.