THE BROKE AND THE BOOKISH:
April 7: Top Ten Characters You'd Like To Check In With (meaning, the book or series is over and you so just wish you could peek in on the "life" you imagine they are leading years down the line after the story ends). Does this prompt make sense?? It makes sense in my head! Let me know and I can clarify haha!
1. Scarlet O´Hara. What happened efter the scene where Scarlet is sitting on a step, all alone. She has to start again and she is full of hope: "I,ll think of it all tomorrow, at Tara. I can stand it then. Tomorrow I´ll think of some way to get him back. After all, tomorrow is another day."
2. What happened to Edmond Dantès! after his release from prison and his revenge on those who had treated him ill. Is he married to Mercedes? How is he living? A long time ago I loved The Count of Monte Cristo and now I´m interested in his life and whereabouts.
3. Jane Eyre and Mr Rochester is just in the beginning of a new life at the end of Jane Austen´s Jane Eyre. It´s an interesting relation and I would like to know how they are getting on.
5. In The Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy. Egdon Heath is the main character. I suppose that the heath has changed in many ways since 1878 and I would like to know how (or perhaps not...)
6. What has happened to Maureen O´Donnell in the Garnethill-trilogy by Denise Mina since Resolution? Is she still living in Glasgow? Is she still alone?
7. Korparna is the title of a wonderful novel by Tomas Bannerhed. The main caracter is a young boy named Klas who is very interested in birds. His father wants him to continue the work at the farm which has been in the family for long. Klas wants to leave for studies, but he doesn´t dare to tell his father.
What´s Klas´life like to-day?
8. What became of Dina and Dorinda in Eric Linklater´s The Wind on the Moon?
They are about 85 years by now and I hope they are still kicking and alive.